This is a very special combination of 2 extraordinary lodges. Morukuru Ocean House is an incredible beautiful lodge, located in the pristine and remote De Hoop Reserve. Despite it being only 3 hours by road or 45 min by plane from Cape Town, it feels you are completely off the grid (in this case it is also literally). The Ocean House is comfortable and probably one of the best places to spend quality time with a family or group of friends. The nearby situated Beach Lodge only has 5 rooms and here you will also experience the intimacy of a small lodge.
Tswalu, 2 hours by plane from Cape Town, and therefore easily reached, is the only luxury lodge in the vast and dramatic Kalahari Desert. This completely different landscape offers wildlife unlike anywhere else. Here also you will be hundreds of KMs away from anything else. Tarkuni, the private villa with also 5 suites, is similar to Ocean House in creating a perfect getaway for a family or group of friends. Imagine this luxury villa in one of the continent’s most isolated National Parks. Nearby Tarkuni you can find The Motse, 9 luxury suites where you will be staying when travelling with 1 or 2 couples.
Below here you will find some more details on the properties. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
The idyll Morukuru Family retreats offer the perfect environments to reconnect with friends and family, get back to nature and experience an escape in the truest sense of the word – say goodbye to schedules and outside interferences. The Ocean House sits within the De Hoop Nature Reserve; 3 hours by car from Cape Town. This private home enjoys the services of a private guide and tracker, chef, butler, hostess and housekeeper – a nanny can be arranged as required.
In the company of experienced guides, activities are tailored to suit the family’s individual requirements – sip sundowners on the beach, go sand boarding or see the wildlife by bike or 4X4.
In an increasingly busy world, many are seeking two elusive luxuries: silence and space. Indulge in an abundance of both at Tswalu Kalahari Reserve in the southern region of South Africa’s Kalahari savanna. With your private home or in the lodge with a maximum of 18 guests at any given time, Tswalu feels like your own private and vast grassland paradise. But you are far from alone: on safaris and tracking expeditions, meet majestic black-maned lions, black and white rhinos, zebras, leopards, and a wealth of other rare and endangered species. You are on their turf now.
- 9 suites and a private homestead with 5 suites
- Private vehicle and guide for every booking
- Museum cases that display San artwork
- Restaurant that serves up authentic South African flavors
- Wine cellar
- Spa treatments available from private deck or in outdoor spa
- Gym with savanna view
- Yoga classes available overlooking the waterhole
- Wi-fi throughout the lodge
The deal:Stay 5 nights at each lodge (so 10 nights in total), and receive up to 3 nights FREE! Stay 10, Pay 7! Plus receive FREE return flights in the aircraft below to/from Tswalu.This offer is also applicable to couples travelling together, which is then Tswalu Motse andMorukuru Beach Lodge, however, then there will be 2 complimentary nights.
For families/groups travelling:Best period to book (based on 10 adults travelling together):between 2 NOV 2020 and 7 DEC 2020Stay 5 and Pay 3 nights with Morukuru Ocean HouseStay 5 and Pay 4 nights with Tswalu TarkuniAND receive FREE return flights by private charter Cape Town/Johannesburg <=> TswaluFor example: travel in November 2020 with 10 adults, total to pay would be R 993 400!Normally this would cost: R 1 473 000!– you will save R 479 600 (is EUR 24 500 / USD 26 700)!For couples travelling:Anytime until April 2021Stay 5 and Pay 4 nights with Morukuru Beach LodgeStay 5 and Pay 4 nights with Tswalu MotseAND receive FREE return flights by private charter Cape Town/Johannesburg <=> TswaluFor example: travel in November 2020 with 2 adults sharing, total to pay would be R 310 000!Normally this would cost: R 363 800!– you will save R 53 800 (is EUR 2 760 / USD 3 010)!
Inclusions for Morukuru Ocean House:
- Fully inclusive service
- Private and exclusive use of the house
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Local softdrinks, water, juices, coffee, tea
- Local house wines & local spirits
- Private chef, butler, host and housekeeping staff *
- Private guide
- Private nature drive vehicle
- Private nature walks
- Sundowner drinks
- Mountain biking
- Snorkeling in protected rock pools
- Road transfers within De Hoop Nature Reserve
- Entrance fee / reserve gate fee
- Laundry service
Inclusions for Tswalu:
- Private game viewing vehicle with a dedicated guide and tracker for all bookings
- Walking safaris
- Nature walks, including traditional plant use interpretation
- Habituated meerkats
- Horse riding and bird watching
- Some of the oldest bushman rock engravings in Africa
- A visit to our community clinic and pre-school
- The Tswalu Foundation research projects
- Involvement in all wildlife project work currently on the property
- All meals including a variety of dining experiences from boma dinners to dune picnics
- All beverages and full selection from our award-winning wine-list
- In-suite tea and coffee making facilities
- In-suite private bar and gourmet pantry
- Laundry and valet services
- Wireless internet access and National telephone calls
- Children’s Junior Ranger programme and baby-sitting